We provide strategies to land and expand your company in Germany.
There are a number of trading situations that typically require a foreign trader to register with the German tax authorities. These follow the broad EU VAT rules, and include:
- Selling goods over the internet (e.g. via Amazon, eBay, and eCommerce) to German consumers, subject to the German distance selling VAT regisration threshold
- Buying and selling goods in Germany
- Moving goods between Germany and other EU member states (intra-community supplies), either as sales (dispatches) or purchases (arrivals)
- Importing goods into Germany from another country, either from within the EU or from outside the EU
- Goods held in consignment stock
- Holding live exhibitions, events or training in Germany
- If a company is otherwise a non-VAT trader, but is receiving services in Germany under the reverse charge rule
- The self supply of goods
TIMEFRAME FOR GERMAN VAT NUMBER REGISTRATION
We help foreign companies to register for a German VAT number. As part of this process we will provide a complete checklist of required documents and information to initiate the registration of your personal VAT number in Germany.
Once we have received all required information from you, we will help to interact with the German authorities to apply for the German VAT number as quickly as possible. The whole process may take 2-4 weeks.
Foreign companies, or ‘non-resident’ traders, providing goods or services in Germany to local businesses or consumers may have to register their business for German VAT. They will then have to follow the German VAT compliance rules, including invoicing and VAT rates, as well as pay over any German VAT due.
After VAT registration in Germany, for the first two years the foreign company is generally obligated to submit monthly VAT advance returns and an annual VAT return. These are sent electronically to the tax authorities. The language of correspondence is German.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
Consultinghouse has advised many foreign companies and corporations for many years about VAT registration in Germany.
Our team at Consultinghouse has also carried out several hundred VAT registrations for foreign companies in Germany over the years. This means that Consultinghouse is familiar with the exact requirements and the procedure with the German authorities for the VAT registration of foreign companies.
We ensure that VAT registration will be completed as quickly as possible.
Zalando offers different business models and services for partners, fashion brands and retailers to sell their products on their marketplace to German customers.
Talk to us to learn more about how we help you to get started in Germany as well as how we can process your monthly accounting* data.
Amazon VAT Transactions Report
We support your Amazon VAT Transactions Report to successfully keep your monthly books for your ecommerce sales in Germany.
Our data xchange services support Commingling and AGL transactions, as well as sellers who have VAT Calculation Services activated in the previous month
RELATED BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
LET US BE A PART OF YOUR SUCCESS STORY
- Strong experience in supporting foreign companies to develop their business in Germany
- Our clients success is our success. Our objective is to grow along our clients
- We are family owned. Our long- term perspective allows for good strategy and decision-making
Book your advisory call today
We help you to assess the current phase of your business and to build your personal roadmap about how your business can start and grow in Germany.
Market Entry Newsletter
Our newsletter covers the news you need. Subscribe now.