This is basically a partnership but provides a limitation of liability on behalf of some of the partners. A KG bears two kinds of partners: 1) the general partner (Komplementär), who has an unlimited liability extending to his or her personal assets, and 2) the limited partner (Kommanditist) whose liability extends only to his or her nominal holdings in the company.
|Liability||The general partners are unlimitedly, jointly and severally liable for the partnership’s liabilities. The Limited Partners are only liable with their capital contribution to the company.|
|Statutory capital||Not required|
Only the General Partners are entitled to represent the company. The Limited Partnership is not a corporate entity. The partners represent the company. General Partnership is not a corporate entity.
EBIT - Trade tax on profit of 12% - 13%
income tax (only for individuals). No dividend withholding tax.
- Consultinghouse can support expanding companies in the foundation process
- Registration to the commercial register and to the local trade office
- We help to align communications with German authorities
- We help to stay compliant when doing business in Germany
- Our cooperation partner Counselhouse can help expanding companies to reduce the legal risk when creating a permanent establishment in Germany
- Strong experience in supporting foreign companies to develop their business in Germany
- Our clients success is our success. Our objective is to grow along our clients
- We are family owned. Our long- term perspective allows for good strategy and decision-making
Related business cases
Our newsletter covers the news you need. Subscribe now.