The Joint Stock Company
To set up this kind of company there must be at least one person who may be the only shareholder of the company, too. A share capital of € 50,000 is required; the shares may be (but need not be) listed on the stock exchange. Articles of association, authenticated by a notary, are needed to set up an AG. The company becomes legally existent as an AG when it has been entered into the Register of Companies. The name of the AG is usually taken from the purpose of the enterprise and it must contain the words "Aktiengesellschaft" or a common abbreviation of it (e.g. “AG”).
An AG must have a board of directors (Vorstand) empowered to decide all matters relating to the operation and the management of the business. The board of directors is appointed by and responsible to the Supervisory Board (Aufsichtsrat). The shareholders of an AG exercise their power with regard to the company at regularly scheduled General Meetings (Hauptversammlungen).
|Liability||The shareholder's liability is limited to his capital contribution.|
|Statutory capital||€ 50,000.00|
|Corporate bodies||Board of directors, supervisory board, shareholders' meeting|
|Company taxation||EBIT - Trade tax on profit of 12% - 13%|
= Tax basis for corporation tax
- Corporate tax 15%
= Earnings after company taxes
Dividend withholding tax 25%, reduced treaties, 0% within EC.
How we can help you
- Consultinghouse can support expanding companies in the foundation process
- Registration to the commercial register and to the local trade office
- We help to align communications with German authorities
- We help to stay compliant when doing business in Germany
- Our cooperation partner Counselhouse can help expanding companies to reduce the legal risk when creating a permanent establishment in Germany
Let us be a part of your success story
- Strong experience in supporting foreign companies to develop their business in Germany
- Our clients success is our success. Our objective is to grow along our clients
- We are family owned. Our long- term perspective allows for good strategy and decision-making
Related business cases
To learn more about how we can add value to your business in Germany, please do not hesitate to contact us today!
Contact us Book a meeting https://wa.me/4917671750811
Book your advisory call today
We help you to assess the current phase of your business and to build your personal roadmap about how your business can start and grow in Germany.
Market Entry Newsletter
Our newsletter covers the news you need. Subscribe now.